CHOICE OF PLAYS
The student may choose any play from the list announced by the State Board of Directorsin the September issue of the Florida State Thespian web page.
- The student must construct an original, three dimensional model OR perspective rendering executed to the scale of EITHER 1/4″ = 1’0″ OR 1/2″ = 1’0″ showing the set and its relationship to the theatrical space. Renderings and/or models must be done for at least one set required in the production.
- Computer assisted design is acceptable.
- At least one figure must be included in the rendering or model to show proportion and scale.
- The student must draw a floor plan to the same scale which justifies the storage and shifting for ALL sets in the show.
- The set is to be designed for a stage with a proscenium opening of 38′ w x 20′ h, an apron 6′ deep, and wing space. The stage has a maximum depth of 30′ from the proscenium line to the back wall with a wing measuring 15’x30′ on each side. The proscenium arch and wing space must be represented in the model.
- The student must present a justification of the design. Note cards may be used.
- Only one student may be involved in the design. NO COLLABORATION.
- All artwork used must be the original work of the entrant.
- The event will not exceed ten (10) minutes. The student presentation is not to exceed five (5) of these ten (10) minutes.
- A bibliography is required documenting all resources used including but not limited to written and electronic sources. The bibliography must be in MLA style.
- Budgetary consideration will not affect adjudication.