- All rules listed in Individual Events General Rules apply.
- Student must present two (2) contrasting selections which may be from different time periods, styles, or moods.
- Material must be drawn from published plays written for the theatre. Poetry, fiction, screenplays, and lyrics will not be allowed. A full copy of both published plays must be brought to the room and placed on the adjudicators’ table (electronic and E-book copies are acceptable). Without the two scripts the student will be allowed to perform, but they will NOT be rated and will NOT be considered for showcase.
- Each monologue must be from a different play and portray a different character.
- All material should be presented as if within the context of a full production.
- Both selections combined cannot exceed three (3) minutes.
- Each room will be provided with three (3) chairs. You are limited to the furniture in the room.