Workshop Leaders, Adjudicators, Colleges and Vendors…
We are currently accepting applications! Just choose “Friends of Florida Thespians” under the “2015 Festival” tab above to get started!
Deadline for applying as a Workshop, Adjudicator, College or Vendor is December 31st!
Welcome Back, Florida Thespians!!
We have an exciting year in the works: celebrating our 25th Anniversary in the City of Tampa!
Our theme for Festival 2015 is:
The 25th Annual Theatre Games
We have some exciting surprises in store to help us celebrate our anniversary, but the real show is what you will take to the festival. Our Mainstage screening process is well underway, and the Districts are starting their Individual Events and One Act Festivals. I know we are all looking forward to seeing which plays, One Acts, and IE’s make it to State. So, break a leg at your District Festivals, and may the judges be ever in your favor!
See you in March!
-Lindsay M. Warfield Painter, State Director
What’s New This Year:
- Registration fees have increased to $120/ person
- Make-up and Sound Design will be workshops rather than IE’s at the State Festival. These workshops will be open to the students achieving superior ratings in both events at the district level.
- Day Passes have increased to $50/pass and will not include admission to ticketed events.
- If you would like a souvenir program this year, they must be pre-ordered with your registration.
- There will now be fees assessed for late registrations and missing materials. Please be thorough and timely in your registration submissions.
Some Important Dates:
December 6th: Mainstage Committee meeting. (Mainstages will be notified within a week of this meeting)
December 15th: Online Registration opens for the State Festival
January 15th: Online Registration closes… all materials should be in the mail by this date!
January 21st: Mail Deadline (All registration materials must be received by the State Office by this date)
March 24th: Registration Opens at State 7pm-9pm
March 25th-29th: Florida State Thespian Festival 2015: The 25th Annual Theatre Games
Future Festival Dates:
March 16th-19th, 2016
March 15th-18th, 2017
March 14th-17th, 2018
Affiliation information comes from the Home Office of EdTA in Cincinnati. If you have paid your dues or changed troupe directors, please contact EdTA to find out how to correct this information. Please make sure your dues are paid for the 2013-14 school year by contacting the membership department at EdTA (513) 421-3900. Payment may be made by credit card over the phone or by check through the mail or school purchase order by FAX. You may also contact them at www.schooltheatre.org